SHOPPING: Design savvy kitchenware round up

by - May 28, 2009



Do your bit for the credit crunch and shop, shop, shop.

I love the ideas behind these products. Maybe they would make good gifts now wedding season is upon us? I think I have a growing pile of John Lewis gift lists at the mo and don't think I can quite handle buying yet another set of matching cream towels. So apologies to my group of soon-to-be-wed friends, I know you painstakingly chose those items on the list for your new life but you really DO need these salt and pepper maracas. Yes you do.

The Bourgeois Brass Knuckle Screw, designed by Jonathin Sabin. Be a wine badass with one of these. It will be produced in a limited edition of 50 from Cromoly and be around $100. For that price–and I should hope so too–they throw in a beautiful handmade etched box.

Salt and Pepper maracas, designed by Akiko Itoh, £32.00.

Somelier wine glass
designed by by Maxim Velčovsk, £29.00 for a set of two.

Spudski
, designer: Black+Blum £11.50.
(Whilst bordering on the novelty kitchenware edge, I actually think this would make a good masher and be good for getting into the pan corners.)

Images from the respective linked sites.

You May Also Like

3 comments